Monday, August 25, 2008

I don't know what "Thats what she said" means

Generally, I appreciate not having a tv. I have been without basic tv channels for over two years and without a tv (dvd and vcr) in our home for about three months. But I regret missing the Olympics, apart from some diving and women's beach volleyball very early on. I actually don't even know the results of most events. But more that the Olympics, I am so out of the loop when it comes to the Office that I can't even tell you the basic story lines. I missed the entire season last year. The last one I watched was when that annoying guy sang, "Take a Chance on Me" and now he is proposing? Being a mother is like having blinders on in so many ways. To end on a less negative note, I can always watch the Office on DVD; I can't get back the time with my kids, can't just record it and watch it someday to catch up. Plus, who would want to see some of these "precious" moments with your children again? So much for that negative note.

4 comments:

kara said...

i think maybe you should not really feel that upset about missing the olympics. while i spent WAY too much of my time watching them, really what's the point. yes michael phelps is the most amazing athlete in olympic history, but in the end, does it really affect me in any way? only to add to the list of my obsessions..which should be getting smaller, not longer. i wish i could spend the day with your kids. and you. why no vcr/dvd?

jrwillden said...

I don't understand how the title of this post relates to the content. Or perhaps I've missed SO much of the Office that it's completely relevant and I'm that far out of the loop. Who's proposing?? Jim to Pam? Or Dwight's nemesis and freaky cat lady?

auntie said...

Can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed your visit. I only hope you have an inkling....

auntie said...

I seem to like you, don't I Katie? Why then does my name not appear on your list? I'm hurt. Very, nay very, very hurt. Wounded even.