Saturday, August 9, 2008

She loves me, she loves me not

So back to that whole baby thing. I am over it-not that I was ever really that excited about it in the first place. I am pretty neutral about the addition or lack thereof. Is this sounding harsh? I am not trying to, its just that Jason really wants more, and I am fine to not.
Enough about that, but I think that it is indicative of my personality. I find that I am discovering that I am not really that committed to much. I tend to start lots of things and drop them almost immediately. And unfortunately in my fury of excitement and insistence that I have the latest object of my obsession, I waste lots of time, effort, and especially money. To name a few: the piano, clarinet, and fiddle (and I will not classify my guitar as such, for the simple fact that I feel like any moment now I might unlock that hidden talent), scrap booking, having Heidi be an inside dog, having dogs in general, having Fritz be an inside dog, my garden. These things have ended up collecting dust, or dead (the garden, fruit trees in the backyard, and Heidi --and to be honest, I wouldn't lose much sleep if the bobcat struck again and snagged Fritz as well-slightly kidding). Anyway. At least there are some things that stick-like my family, religion and all that goes with it, sewing and baking. If you didn't make the list, that may be a bad sign.

3 comments:

kara said...

i think this happens to all of us sometimes. we have good ideas about what we want to do, but when it comes down to it, there really isn't time, or extra energy that would be necessary to produce effects. Baking and sewing are good talents to have. The garden is dead?

RIP Bernie Mac

melissa said...

You enjoy what you have now and if you are intended to have another when the timing is right! You can't force something like that when and if it is intended it will be! I know four things you have never given up on- the love you have for our Heavenly Father, your Husband and beautiful children, and then your Famiy!!!! You are not doing as bad as you think you are. Things have a way of working their way out . Be at Peace with everything!!!

lincolnHabels said...

Hey!!! I didn't make the list! I hope I don't end up dead. I'll settle for collecting dust I guess.

I think it's normal to feel ambivalent about a baby. They're so wonderful but soooo much work; good and bad. It sounds like you'd welcome and addition, but you are also happy with the way your family is. That's a good thing.

The fiddle, huh? Well, "Johnny rosin up your bow."