Thursday, August 13, 2009

This month is such a special one, its...time to learn how to program Jason's phone

My husband has a Blackberry. Purchased because for his line of work, you just cannot carry around a planner- job sites and what-not. It was a necessity. He would have his schedule, phone, Internet---all right there. Had to have it. So now this is a man who has projects scheduled weeks in advance-he's the annoying guy that calls to remind you a few days before, and then again when he is on the way to make sure its all going according to the plans. This is the man who forgot my birthday. He got a phone call from his mother-I will let you read between the lines and try not to go off on the fact that for her to let her son fail is beyond her capacity and as you can see I have some really deep issues about the whole thing-see I said I wouldn't digress so back on task---reminding him that is was my birthday today and that he shouldn't forget. Too late, Gloria. He forgot. I knew, he knew. He had the decency to at least tell me that she had to remind him, when he called late this morning. I could go on but really why. After six years of marriage, Jason forgot my birthday. Not just today (obviously I will go on), but completely. There is no card or present. Just an apology and a resolve to do better. Oh, and him asking me what I want for my birthday. Right. That says it all.
*But I am not mad, not even hurt. He asked me last week if Reno's birthday was coming up so that tells me two things: One- he was thinking at least that something was going on soon, so I will give him two points for that. Two- Reno's birthday, November 21st, is Jason's birthday as well,so if you could in a round about way forget your own birthday, then I had no hope from the start. Really, I knew he was going to forget so instead of being mad, I just think what a good wife I am for never forgetting his birthday, Father's Day, etc.

2 comments:

auntie said...

Zippity a and heidi ho we'll sing a song that we all know.
You were in my thoughts today and I remembered your birthday...at least four times today. Wanted to tell one of the girls to text you, but then something distracted me.
Jason is another story (completely) and I think I will have to have a talk with him. Perhaps he should claim that birthdays are unnecessary things that only serve to corrode the simplicity of your youth and beauty...better to bask in your glow as often as you'll permit. Perhaps he should say this in German.

Emery said...

i wish i remembered your birthday! to celebrate, i will reminisce. we had so many fun times...and i hope for a day in the future when we can get together and share fun times with our chilluns. happy birthday!