Thursday, July 3, 2008

There is no justice (at least for now)

So Reno fears tornadoes and I was thinkin that I could help him by showing him what they looked like, because up until now its only a word that means terror. So we start looking at the YouTube videos of tornadoes and what pops up during a video? Wait for it... yeah you guessed. A picture of a clown with sharpened teeth so frightening that I almost started shrieking--I know it was Pennywise and that just opens up a whole bunch of locked doors in my mind. Controlling my own fear, I grabbed his head and forced him not to look as I removed the picture. About that time he starts screaming and crying thinking I have scared him on purpose. So one, there is no justice in that I was truly trying to allay the fear that Jason unwittingly created and have now caused a terror for Reno, that is in my mind a whole lot more valid than an act of nature. That which is unnatural always did pose a greater threat to my fragile psyche. I mean come on, I still have rules for my monsters. And two, there is no justice in this world for the *!#%$&^ who put that right in the middle of that tornado footage. You cannot fathom the depth of my anger at the fact that he has fear because someone else decided to scare him. But I have learned a lesson. At least it wasn't something sexual because that would have bothered me more. But still.

3 comments:

kara said...

i can only imagine the terror that child felt (and you dear sister)..i remember the first time i saw pennywise..i was not 4..but like 6 or 7..and am still deathly afraid..so i am sorry for my reno that he now has to combat that fear as well. jerks.

jrwillden said...

After you told me Reno's story I told Jake. The idea of what he saw gave me goosebumps and ruined my evening. The entire night I was hearing things and imagining things, with the help of Jake preying on my fears. During my shower I swear I could hear Ruben wail in pure terror. I stop, listen and the bathroom door popped open. FREAKED ME OUT. I swear "IT" (I use that name cause even typing his name scares me) was standing outside the bathroom door. But as I neared the door there were no baby screams. Nothing. Just silence. It was in my head but he was there, mentally if anything...the worst place he could be.
I can only hope Reno can handle this better than I. I fear the worst for him though as an image like IT is always with you. I think I can feel him breathing on my neck. Oh Lord, chills.

lincolnHabels said...

I'm glad I've never watched "IT" in its entirety. It sounds like it has tramatized many.

The person that made that post really is a *!#%$^ Why do people do stuff like that?