Monday, June 16, 2008

Still, just the mama

My inlaws have returned home after a week of visiting. For me this means a return to being needed and wanted, as when the grandparents are around I am for the most part invisible. It has been a little vacation within my own home, however I stil had to cook, clean, and all that...so it was actually not that great at all. But it was nice to see them and they helped with all the home repairs and painting, and they bought us a trampoline. So I will face my return to motherhood boldly, a return to the love and tenderness that accompanies these sacred duties. Especially since the kids are spending most of the time outside on the new trampoline, and I am inside cooking and cleaning and all that.

1 comment:

auntie said...

Not JUST the mama, Katie nana. The ONLY one they've got. You're pretty darn special.