Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have saved them the trouble of "accidentally" breaking the crayons

I cleaned half of my living room, and then sat down to take a break to ease the stitch in my side that I feel should be blamed on the baby, rather than my less than exerting work-out routines. Then I saw the towels piled up under the table and remembered the chocolate milk that Ava let Levi spill at lunch and was motivated by a need not to smell the soured milk later (as if I don't do it now it could be a while). I moved the wet wash into the dryer- a load a day keeps my mother away:)- and found that it was polluted by bits of paper. Then bits of crayon. Finally, this was revealed. Who did this? Those children never put things in their pockets...and also I never check. So here we have a box of crayons confiscated from the church on Sunday laid to rest at the bottom of my washer. But the upside of all of this is that the kids now at least twenty minutes of coloring in an otherwise colorless world, as I was too busy cleaning to get out the water colors and we couldn't find the crayons. The downside is that I hear things hitting the side of the dryer, things that could very possibly be melting crayons. But you get what you get sometimes. Besides, the stitch is gone and I feel that the rest of the living room should be finished now.

*I feel that now is an appropriate time to let you all know that the RS President asked Ryann if there were health hazards in my home after she took a comment from me about my messy house out of context. If after reading this post you feel her concerns are valid, email me and I will give you her number.

2 comments:

auntie said...

I've been noticing a pattern of you ignoring us when you are "in the family way." Would you care to explain this?

lincolnHabels said...

should i tell your relief society pres. about our room in college. How about the time your lighted mirror burnt a hole in the carpet. haha.

yes, that was an eminem song. you win the prize. as for the texts with my husband. He sends the sweet texts, and I reply with a sexy text. I have a camera phone ya know.