Sunday, November 15, 2009

HELP WANTED

We had a hamster named Dixie. She came home from Ryann's this summer after Ryann had been hamster-sitting, and she just wasn't the same animal. She had been tossed up so high by one strong, "yittle" boy that she hit the ceiling , but no-that wasn't it. After about a week I cleaned her cage (you're supposed to clean it twice a week, but I was neglectful, busy, uncaring, and unfeeling to name a few) and what a different rodent. She played! She exercised! She had a renewed interest in life. It was amazing. So why am I blogging about a depressed hamster in a dirty cage? I was just wondering if someone out there would come and clean my cage? Please.


*I feel that it is important to note that Dixie escaped from her cage and was never heard from again. She didn't want to live in the messy cage, or the messy house. I don't blame her...perhaps a bit of envy every now and then. I try not to dwell though--I mean, she is a hamster.

3 comments:

jrwillden said...

It took me reading this twice to figure out that you were speaking of your OWN cage. I'm such a silly girl. There is something about babysteps that just isn't comforting anymore. HOWEVER, I read on the marvelous conference book club site a note about a mom wanting everything to be perfect and she wanted her family on a wonderful diet plan, exercise plan; you name it, she wanted it. But it wasn't coming because she wanted to perfect one thing before she moved onto the next thing. And I quote:
"However, when the answer to my prayers finally came, I was surprised. It was pretty simple, and went something like this: “Just do it.”
“Just do what?” I wondered. The answer came again: “A little bit of all of it…you can do it. Don’t get overwhelmed. Just do it.”
That was not at all what I was expecting. I wanted one thing that I could work on until it was perfect. Instead, the idea of doing everything was a little daunting. But I decided to give it a try. And strangely enough, I’m fitting in more of “everything” than I thought was possible.

So, in short (rather long), let's try this method this week...JUST DO IT. A little of everything.

auntie said...

any advice on how I might be able to rid myself of a slightly overweight diabetic dog?

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

Hey Katie! I'm out of town using my husband's computer and for some odd reason can't get it to click to your email link... sigh..
but hooray! You won a wonderful fantastic book!!! So if you email me your mailing address I can send it to you right away!
chulbakera@aol.com